Reflexology: Foot/Hand, Hot Stone, Integrated, Maternity
Amy Whittaker is a 2019 graduate of the Solewise School of Reflexology located at the Zardus School of Massage in Gardiner, ME. Since graduating, Amy has enjoyed developing relationships with several new clients
“I believe Reflexology to be incredibly beneficial for the body and mind. My goal with every client is to provide a peaceful atmosphere that supports you in your quest for self-care. I am dedicated to building relationships with clients that are centered on trust
What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a safe, natural technique of applying gentle pressure to the reflexes on the feet to bring on a state on deep relaxation. It stimulates the body’s own healing processes and helps restore health and a natural state of balance and wellbeing. The reflex points on the feet correspond to the body’s glands and organs and by stimulating them can have an effect on their function. Reflexology improves circulation by reducing stress and tension in the body. It also acts to open up neural pathways, creating a positive energy flow throughout the body. Reflexology boosts the immune system by calming the central nervous system and allowing it to function more routinely.
How Reflexology Could Help You:
- Reduce stress, anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, migraines, sciatica, joint pain.
- Hormone inbalances, PMS, endometriosis, PCOS, fibroids, menopausal symptoms.
- Digestive problems: IBS, Crohns, heartburn, indigestion, colitis.
- Fertility: Help ovulation, regain regular periods, assist IUI/IVF.
- Pregnancy related problems: backache, leg cramps, insomnia, mood changes, morning sickness, anxiety.
- Preparing for labour. After 37 weeks.
- Post Natal: Balance hormones, boost immune system, increase production of breast milk, help lift mood, regulate sleep patterns.
- Reflexology for children: ADHD, autism, anxiety, exam stress